Uncategorized

5 household items you should quit using as soon as possible

No one wishes to live a life characterized by frequent hospital visits. To keep yourself healthy and reduce the risks of contracting diseases as a result of what you keep in your house, quit using the following as soon as possible:

1. Air fresheners

These have been found to contain phthalates, chemicals which are highly toxic towards the respiratory system. They will cause asthma or even worsen the asthmatic condition to those who already have it.

2. Mothballs

Most people store mothballs with clothes. These chemicals vaporize over time and it is possible you breathe in such toxins regularly. When you come into contact with large amounts of these toxins, you will get nauseated, dizzy, difficulties in breathing and expose yourself to the eye and nasal irritations.

3. Plastic food containers

You should not use plastic food containers to store hot food. This is because the chemicals found in the plastics get into the food are carcinogenic.

4. Oven cleaners

Most oven cleaners have been found to contain corrosive alkalis that pose danger to the respiratory and gastrointestinal systems when ingested or inhaled.

5. Non- stick pans

Avoid at all costs using non-stick pans since the non-sticky lining will peel into your food. A chemical referred to as perfluorooctanoic acid has been found to emanate from such pans and could cause cancer.

Source: Hivisasa

Related Articles

Back to top button